This creamy and flavor packed banana cream pie recipe is super easy to make! From just a handful of ingredients, including instant pudding mix, you can make a wonderful banana cream pie perfect for any occasion.
If you love banana cream pie, this is certain to become one of your new favorite recipes!
It’s chocked full of flavor and the creamy texture can’t be beat.
Add on top of all that, it’s a wiz bang simple recipe that doesn’t require a bunch of complicated ingredients or steps.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe because you will be wanting to make it again and again!
How to Make a Homemade Banana Cream Pie using Instant Pudding Mix (No Bake!)
Ok, so I know it might sound like an exaggeration, but this is the best banana cream pie from instant pudding recipe I’ve ever had.
It’s incredibly easy to make, which is awesome, but the flavor and texture is what really makes this recipe a crowd pleaser!
Prep time is just a few minutes, and then it’s on to the refrigerator to chill. You really won’t find an easier recipe.
But the key to this recipe is the cream cheese, ripe bananas, and pudding mix. The flavor combination is spot on and the texture is heavenly creamy.
For equipment, all you need is a mixing bowl and a hand or stand mixer. That’s it!
Related Recipe: Banana cake with cream cheese frosting (super good!)
Banana Cream Pie Ingredients
I love when you can achieve a great texture and flavor with just a handful of common ingredients. And this is a recipe that completely fits the bill!
I’m not particularly brand loyal when it comes to a lot of ingredients, and so I will leave that decision up to you.
But suffice to say that as long as you use fresh ingredients, you’re going to love how your banana cream pie turns out.
Ingredient list for Pudding Mix Banana Cream Pie
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Ripe Bananas (sliced)
- Cream Cheese (block style, softened)
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Toasted Coconut (shredded)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
Bananas: When it comes to making a banana cream pie, you want to use extra ripe bananas. They pack a ton of flavor and it’s an important part of getting this recipe right. Don’t be afraid of those brown bananas, they are exactly what you’re looking for.
Cream Cheese: Only use unflavored, block style cream cheese. The whipped variety does not work with this recipe. I usually opt for whole fat, but you can get away with reduced fat cream cheese if you prefer.
Milk: The same goes with your milk. Fat is an important building block for our texture and flavor. And while you can use a reduced fat milk, I’ve found the best results come when using whole fat.
Related Recipe: Simple banana muffins from two bananas
Simple Step by Step Instructions for Banana Cream Pie
In just a few minutes you’re going to be well on your way to one amazing tasting banana cream pie! When I told you this is an easy recipe to prepare, I wasn’t kidding.
So get your ingredients gathered and let’s get going!
Step 1: Slice your bananas and evenly spread them on the bottom of your graham cracker crust. Slice them about 1/4″-1/2″ thick
Step 2: In your mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese and a half cup of milk. Mix until well blended
Step 3: Gradually mix in the remaining milk and your pudding mix. Be sure to mix for about 1-2 minutes on low
Step 4: Pour mixture into pie crust
Step 5: Chill in the refrigerator until set (1-2 hours).
Step 6: Sprinkle with coconut (and whipped cream if desired), serve and enjoy!
Banana Cream Pie Using Pudding
- 1 Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 9" Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 Ripe Bananas sliced
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 3¼ oz Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 Cups Milk
- ½-1 Cup Toasted Coconut
- Whipped Cream optional
- Slice your bananas and evenly spread them on the bottom of your graham cracker crust. Slice them about 1/4"-1/2" thick
- In your mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese and a half cup of milk. Mix until well blended
- Gradually mix in the remaining milk and your pudding mix. Be sure to mix for about 1-2 minutes on low
- Pour mixture into pie crust
- Chill in the refrigerator until set (1-2 hours)
- Sprinkle with coconut (and top with whipped cream if desired), serve and enjoy!
Banana Cream Pie Recipe Notes
- This is a great recipe to make the night before. It ensures you have ample time for it to set.
- I like to serve this pie both with and without whipped cream. Store bought or homemade whipped cream both work great.
- For a slightly different presentation, top your chilled pie with banana slices. This looks great when not using whipped cream.
- You can also sprinkle other favorite toppings on this pie. Try chocolate chips or crushed nuts for an interesting flavor twist. Check my banana flavor pairing guide for more ideas.
- If serving for a get together, I often make two pies because they go fast!
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.