These black bean and chicken crepes recipe is so easy and delicious. It is hearty and filling and I make it for both dinner and breakfast for my family.
I use my corn chip crepes and spice it up a bit for a truly magical crepe dish.
Corn Chip Crepe Ingredients
- Vegetable oil
- All-purpose flour
- Corn chips
Black Bean and Chicken Filling Ingredients
- Vegetable oil
- Black beans
- Cooked Chicken
- Hot pepper sauce
- Sour cream
The prep and cook time is a bit longer than most of the crepes I make, and clocks in a bit over a half an hour from start to serve. But the payoff is so worth it.
You can also make your corn chip crepe batter ahead of time to speed up the cooking process.
I usually make a large batch of batter and cook up my crepes and freeze them. I prep enough crepes for two or three meals so I just have to reheat the crepes and make my filling when it’s time to make the dish. This will cut your prep time in half.
Black Bean And Chicken Crepes
- 6-7" Frying Pan
- Medium Skillet
- Food Processor
- Oven Safe Serving Dish
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Milk
- ⅓ Cup Water
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Corn Chips Crushed
- ½ tsp Salt
Black Bean Chicken Filling
- 1 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 2 Cans Black Beans Drained
- 1½ Cups Diced Cooked Chicken
- 6-8 Drops Hot Pepper Sauce
- ½ Cup Fresh Cilantro
- Prepare your crepes by combining all crepe ingredients in your blender or food processor. Cover and process for thirty to forty seconds. Scrape down the edges of your container and process for a few more seconds. Batter should be consistent and creamy.
- Spray your 6-7" frying pan and bring to medium low heat.
- Test your batter by pouring a half tablespoon in your pan. Tilt the pan in a circular motion. Your batter should move around freely. If it doesn't, lower your heat a touch. Once it does remove test batter from pan.
- For each crepe, add three to four tablespoons to your pan. It should thinly coat the bottom of your pan. Cook the first side for about one minute. Flip once it can be lifted without breaking.
- Cook the second side for about one minute. Your crepe is done cooking when light brown flecks form. Remove from pan and repeat until all crepes are cooked.
Black Bean and Chicken Filling
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat medium skillet and add oil and sauté garlic over medium heat. Cook for two to three minutes.
- Put your drained black beans in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add beans and chopped, cooked chicken, hot pepper sauce to your pan with garlic.
- Cook at medium heat and stir until well combined.
- Add filling to crepes and fold.
- Place crepes seem side down on buttered oven safe serving dish.
- Bake for ten to twelve minutes.
- Top with cilantro, serve and enjoy!
- You can also use a classic crepe for this recipe
- Batter can be prepared up to three days ahead of time. Store prepped batter in the refrigerator.
- Cooked crepes can be frozen. To reheat, put in oven for about seven minutes at 350 degrees.
The corn chip crepes are such a good base for this black bean and chicken filling. They are soft, savory and so filling!
I love these crepes for brunch or dinner and they are a huge favorite in my house. My kids just go to town so I usually make a double batch.
This crepe batter is great for making ahead of time so prep it up to three days in advance. Just keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
I don’t pre-prep the filling though. It tastes much better fresh so plan on making it when you want to serve it.
But you can freeze your cooked, unfilled crepes in freezer safe bags. When time to prepare, put them in the oven for about seven minutes at 350 degrees.
For more great crepe ideas check out these recipes