Wonderful flavored and simple to make blueberry cream pie recipe. This pie is perfect for serving during the holidays or as a sweet and simple family dessert.
Blueberry is one of my favorite flavors to work into my pies and desserts. And this blueberry cream pie is one of my all-time favorites.
It’s packed with sweet blueberry and topped with light and fluffy whipped cream. The combination is a classic and this recipe brings them together perfectly.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe because you will probably be wanting to make it again and again.
It’s not only mouthwatering delicious, it’s also super easy to make! So if you want a tasty and simple creamy blueberry pie recipe, you came to the right place!
Save this recipe for later: Blueberry pie using frozen blueberries
How to Make a Homemade Blueberry Cream Pie Using Canned Blueberry Pie Filling
If you search around my recipes, you will find I love baking from scratch and have many wonderful recipes that are entirely from scratch.
But I also love finding ways to quicken a recipe while still providing an unforgettable flavor. And that’s exactly why we will be using canned blueberry pie filling for this recipe.
The flavor and texture works wonderfully well, and it saves us a bit of time prepping fresh blueberries.
And speaking of prep time, this recipe takes less than ten minutes to prepare and bake time is just about thirty minutes.
That means this recipe is great for those last minute get togethers and family desserts.
And as far as equipment goes, all you need is a mixing bowl, mixer, and a pie pan. That’s it!
Related Recipe: Blueberry turnovers using crescent rolls
Blueberry Cream Pie Ingredients
This recipe produces a rich and creamy texture to along with a deep blueberry flavor. It’s a real treat, and it never fails to impress everyone I serve it to.
And all that flavor comes with just a handful of common ingredients. That means you won’t have any issue finding what you need at your local grocery store. And you probably have most of what you need in the pantry already.
- Canned Blueberry Pie Filling
- Whipped Cream (premade or homemade)
- Sour Cream
- Granulated Sugar
- All-Purpose Flour
- Almond Extract
- Pie Crust
Try this recipe: Banana cream pie using pudding
Pie Crust Options
I’ve tried this recipe with both a regular pie crust and a graham cracker crust. And I honestly can’t tell you which I like better.
And since both work incredibly well, it’s completely up to you which to use. You can go with a premade crust or make your own.
Here are some of my favorite pie crust recipes you can use if you want to make your own. If making your own crust, make sure to prepare it before starting the rest of your pie recipe.
Simple Step by Step Pie Recipe Instructions
This pie recipe is about as easy to make as homemade gets. It only takes a few simple steps and you’ll be on your way to the best tasting blueberry cream pie I’ve ever had.
While this recipe is for a single pie, I often need to bake two. And if that’s the case for you as well, simple double the recipe with no other changes.
Alright, so once you have your ingredients gathered it’s time to make your pie!
Note: If using a homemade pie crust, prepare it before moving on
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
Step 2: In your mixing bowl, add your sour cream, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, salt, eggs, and almond extract. Mix until well combined
Step 3: Pour mixture into your pie crust lined pie pan
Step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes
Step 5: Remove from oven and immediately pour blueberry pie filling on top of your pie
Step 6: Cool your pie in the refrigerator
Step 7: Top with whipped cream and chill for at least 20 minutes
Step 8: Serve and enjoy!
Related Recipe: Triple berry pie
Simple Blueberry Cream Pie
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Mixer
- 2 Cups Canned Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1½ Cup Whipped Cream homemade or premade
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Almond Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 9" Pie Crust
- Note: If using a homemade pie crust, prepare it before moving on
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- In your mixing bowl, add your sour cream, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, salt, eggs, and almond extract. Mix until well combined
- Pour mixture into your pie crust lined pie pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and immediately pour blueberry pie filling on top of your pie
- Cool your pie in the refrigerator
- Top with whipped cream and chill for at least 20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Liv’s Blueberry Cream Pie Notes
- For your whipped cream you can use a premade whipped topping or whip up your own heavy cream.
- If making your own pie pastry, prepare your crust before starting the rest of your pie.
- A traditional crust or a graham cracker cracker both work wonderfully with this recipe.
- You can also sprinkle some additional flavors on the top of your pie. Try fresh blueberries, chocolate chips or even shaved chocolate.
- Store your pie covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.