I was experimenting with my classic crepe recipe when my youngest asked for chicken for dinner. I’m not big on last minute menu changes but I had chicken to cook and some broccoli in the fridge so I whipped up some chicken broccoli crepes.
That first go was pretty good but I knew it could be better. So after a couple more tweaks I had myself one delicious chicken crepe perfect for brunch or dinner.
We eat a lot of broccoli in my house so this crepe dish is one of my favorites. Savory crepes can take a bit more time to make and this recipe is no different but the hearty flavors and aromas really make the extra effort worhwhile.
- Melted butter
Chicken and Broccoli Filling Ingredients
- Minced shallots
- Minced Garlic
- Red pepper flakes
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cooked Chicken
- Parmesan cheese
Once you get all these flavors going together you really get something special. Perfect for the family dinner or for entertaining. These chicken broccoli crepes have been a winner for me every time I have made them.
Chicken Broccoli Crepes
- 6-7" Frying Pan
- Small Sauce Pan
- Oven Safe Serving Dish
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbs Melted Butter
- 1⅓ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
Chicken and Broccoli Filling
- 3 tbs Butter
- 2 tbs Minced Shallots
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 3 tbs Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- Dash Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 Cups Cooked, Cubed Chicken
- 8 Pieces Cooked Broccoli Cut in half lengthwise
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Combine all crepe ingredients in blender. Cover and process for thirty to forty seconds. Scrape down the edges of your container and blend for a few more seconds. Your crepe batter should be smooth and consistent.
- Spray your frying pan and bring it to medium low heat.
- Test your crepe batter by pouring a half tablespoon in your pan. Tilt your pan in a circular motion. If all is good your batter will move about the pan freely. If it does not, lower your heat a bit. Once it does remove your test batter.
- For each crepe, add three to four tablespoons of crepe batter to your heated pan. Cook the first side for about one minute. It is ready to flip as soon as you can lift it without it breaking.
- Cook the second side of your crepe for about one minute. Your crepe is done when light brown flecks form on the surface. Remove from pan and repeat until all crepe batter is used.
Chicken and Broccoli Filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt your butter in your sauce pan and add your shallots and garlic. Cook over low heat for one to two minutes.
- Add flour and stir while cooking for two minutes over low heat.
- Add milk gradually and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add red pepper flakes, grated cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Remove a half cup of your sauce. Set aside.
- Stir in cooked, cubed chicken
- Add sauce and chicken mixture to your crepes.
- Add two broccoli pieces per crepe. Arrange so florets show through crepe opening when folder.
- Fold, or roll crepes and place them on buttered oven safe serving dish.
- Spoon on sauce you set aside earlier to the top of your crepes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for ten to fifteen minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Sauce and batter can be made ahead of time. Refrigerate for up to three days.
- Chicken should not be cooked ahead of time.
- Cooked, unfilled crepes can be frozen in freezer safe bags. They can be reheated in the oven for about seven minutes at 350 degrees.
After the first time I made these crepes for my family, my oldest son had a friend over for dinner. He raved about them and apparently let his mom know about them because she called me a week later asking for this chicken broccoli crepe recipe.
I happily provided it and just love when my kid’s have friends over for dinner and they enjoy it as much as my family. Kids can often be the biggest food critics so I count that as a win.
These savory crepes really hit the spot and are super flavorful and filling. They are perfect for get together too.
For more great crepe ideas check out these recipes