Rich and tasty chocolate pie recipe using a graham cracker crust! This incredibly tasty pie is a holiday tradition, but can be served any time of year. It’s just like having a chocolate chip cookie pie! It’s quick and easy to make, and cleanup is a snap.
This chocolate pie recipe has been in my family for decades. And I’ve been serving it during the holidays for many years.
And it never fails to impress. It produces a wonderful, chocolatey flavor that is perfect topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
The filling pairs perfectly with a graham cracker crust, and I’m confident it will be one of your new family favorites too!
Make sure to pin or bookmark this recipe so you can find it the next time you want a homemade chocolate pie.
Save this recipe for later: Sour cream chocolate chip cake (moist and tasty)
How to Make a Fresh Chocolate Pie using a Graham Cracker Pie Crust
This chocolate pie is so rich and flavorful, and super easy to make! It’s a great, sweet holiday pie but is equally well suited for a simple family dessert.
Prep time is super quick since we will be using a premade, graham cracker crust. That means cleanup is easy too!
Total prep time is just about ten minutes and bake time is about one hour. I usually make two pies at a time because they get eaten so fast.
You can do the same simply by doubling the recipe. No other changes are needed.
Try this recipe: Homemade chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar
Chocolate Pie using Chocolate Chips and a Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients
This homemade pie only calls for simple, common ingredients. You might even have everything you need on hand already.
And on top of the great flavor, this is a very affordable recipe. Not much better than a great recipe that saves your budget!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Butter (melted)
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Graham Cracker Crust
Eggs: These provide two important benefits to our pie. They help bind all the dry ingredients while helping produce a light and fluffy filling texture. I don’t recommend using an egg substitute for this pie.
All-Purpose Flour: This is used as a thickening agent for our pie. While you can opt for an alternative such as cornstarch or a gluten free flour, I’ve found the best results when using all-purpose flour.
Brown Sugar: Light brown sugar is my preferred type, but dark can be used in a pinch. Keep in mind that dark brown sugar has a more pronounced molasses flavor, so it will be imparted to your pie. When measuring your brown sugar, pack it.
Butter: This is used to improve our final texture as well as a binding agent. I use slated butter as the salt helps bring out all the rich flavors in our pie. Melt your butter before adding it to your other ingredients.
Chocolate Chips: I use semi-sweet chocolate chips as it provides the ideal flavor balanced with sweetness. If you like your chocolate pie particularly sweet, you can go with milk chocolate chips instead.
Nuts: This is entirely optional as some enjoy a completely smooth filling while others like a bit of crunch. You can go with your favorite type of nut, but I have found pecans, almonds, and walnuts are good choices.
Graham Cracker Crust: I use a premade, 9″ graham cracker crust for my chocolate pie. But you can make your own if you prefer. If you need a great recipe, this is one of my favorite graham crackers crusts.
Great Recipe: Chocolate cream pie
Simple Step by Step Recipe Instructions
This recipe is super quick and easy to prepare. All you need is a mixer, mixing bowl and a pie pan.
Once you get all your ingredients together, it’s time to make your pie!
Note: If you’ve decided to make your own graham cracker crust, prepare it before making your pie filling.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Step 2: Add your eggs to your mixing bowl and beat until they become foamy.
Step 3: Add your all-purpose flour, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix until well combined.
Step 4: Mix in your melted butter.
Step 5: Stir your chocolate chips in by hand. Stir until well blended.
Note: If using nuts, stir them in with your chocolate chips.
Step 6: Pour filling into your pie crust.
Step 7: Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Step 8: Remove and partially cool on wire rack.
Step 9: Serve warm, topped with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
Try this one: Chocolate chip cake
Chocolate Chip Pie (With Graham Cracker Crust)
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter melted
- 6 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts
- 1 9" Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Note: If you've decided to make your own graham cracker crust, prepare it before making your pie filling.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Add your eggs to your mixing bowl and beat until they become foamy.
- Add your all-purpose flour, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in your melted butter.
- Stir your chocolate chips in by hand. Stir until well blended.
- Note: If using nuts, stir them in with your chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into your pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove and partially cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm, topped with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
Liv’s Chocolate Chip Pie Recipe Notes
- This pie tastes best when served warm. If desired, top with whipped cream or ice cream.
- You can add crushed nuts for a bit of crunch. Almond, pecans, macadamia, and walnuts are great options.
- Store your leftover pie covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- To warm up your pie, pop it in the oven for 5-9 minutes at 325 or in the microwave for 15 second increments until warmed. Be careful when using the microwave, it’s easy to over heat and burn your pie.