Are you looking for the best chocolate crepes for your family? This simple and quick recipe is so good I almost can’t believe it!
It takes just a handful of ingredients that you can find in your pantry and about twenty minutes later you will have amazing, mouth watering chocolate crepes for the whole family.
I usually serve these as a dessert but they also make for a yummy sweet breakfast side. My oldest son in particular loves these crepes and asks for them for birthday breakfast.
- 6-7" Frying Pan
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbs Melted Butter
- 1 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tbs Cocoa
- 1¼ Cups Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Chocolate Extract
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Dash Salt
- Dash Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Melted Semi Sweet Chocolate Optional
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream Optional
- Combine your crepe ingredients in your blender. Put on cover and blend for thirty to forty seconds. Use your spatula to scrape down the sides of your blender and then blend again for a few seconds. Batter should be smooth and consistent.
- Spray your pan and heat to medium low.
- When your pan comes to temperature, add a half a tablespoon of batter and tilt it in a circular motion. Your batter should move freely about your pan. Remove the test batter from your pan.
- Add three to four tablespoons of batter to your pan for each crepe. Cook each side of your crepe for approximately one minute each. Flip once, when your batter is firm enough to not fall apart. Your crepe is done once light brown flecks form on the surface. Remove from pan. Add chocolate sauce, ice cream, and any other desired filling and fold crepe. Serve and enjoy!
- Using a small sauce pan on low heat, melt your semi sweet chocolate.
- Cream, ice cream, and berries make great additions for your crepe filling.
- Whipped cream
- Ice cream
- Chopped nuts
This is without a doubt my family’s favorite dessert crepe. These crepes pair so well with chocolate and with just a bit of whipped cream or ice cream you have the perfect dessert crepe.
Preparation is quick but this recipe is great for prepping ahead of time. The batter keeps in the fridge for a couple days.
If entertaining, I prepare all my crepe batter the day before. This allows me plenty of time to put together my filling and topping options.
You can also freeze your cooked crepes in a freezer safe bag. When ready to cook just warm them at 350 degrees for about seven minutes and you are ready to serve!
For more crepe ideas check out these articles