This moist and delicious zucchini bread is one of my family’s all-time favorites! With cinnamon and just the right amount of sweetness, I’m sure it will become one of your family favorites too.
One of the traditions of late summer is baking homemade zucchini bread. This bountiful fruit (that’s right, zucchini is not a vegetable) is a garden staple for me.
I love baking up a large batch of loafs for all my family and friends. And this recipe is always a crowd pleaser.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe so you can make it again and again!
If you are looking for a soft and flavorful zucchini bread, this is the one for you.
Related Recipe: Zucchini raisin bread
How to Bake Homemade Zucchini Cinnamon Bread from Scratch
This recipe traces it’s roots back to my grandmother. It’s been made and slightly adjusted by each generation and this is the version I still make for my family today.
It provides such a wonderful flavor, the zucchini pairs perfectly with the cinnamon and subtly sweet use of sugar.
I also add walnut to mine which adds that delicious nuttiness that brings it all together. This is a truly classic zucchini bread you will love sharing with your family and friends.
Related: Zucchini bread with cranberries
Classic Style Zucchini Bread Ingredients
All it takes to make an amazing tasting loaf of zucchini bread is common baking ingredients. I love recipes that pack in tons of great flavor without needing hard to find ingredients.
And if you agree, you’re going to love this recipe!
- Zucchini (grated)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vegetable Oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Chopped Walnuts (optional)
This recipe is quite versatile. It offers an unmatched texture and flavor just the way it is. But you can also add in your favorite stir ins for alternative flavor combinations.
Traditionally, walnuts are added to bring a nuttiness that pairs great with the other flavors. But you can replace the walnuts with so many other add ins. Here are some ideas to get your flavor inspiration started.
- Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Pecans
- White Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Dried Cranberries
- Shaved Almonds
Try This Recipe: Pumpkin bread from cake mix
Easy to Follow Instructions
This recipe yields two standard size loafs, or one loaf made in a bundt pan. Prep time is less than ten minutes and bake time is less than an hour.
For equipment all you need is a hand mixer, a mixing bowl, grater, and either two loaf pans or a Bundt pan.
So once you have everything gathered, it’s time to get baking!
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Step 2: Grease your loaf pans
Step 3: In your mixing bowl, blend your eggs until they are foamy
Step 4: Mix in your vegetable oil and sugar to your eggs gradually until well blended
Step 5: Continue mixing while adding in your grated zucchini, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until well blended
Step 6: Slowly mix in your all-purpose flour
Step 7: Fold in your chopped walnuts (or other stir ins)
Step 8: Pour mixture evenly into loaf pans
Step 9: Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or when inserted skewer comes out clean
Note: If using a Bundt pan, bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees
Step 10: Carefully remove from oven and cool on wire rack
Step 11: Serve and enjoy!
Save This Recipe For Later: Moist bran muffins using bran flakes
Classic Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 2 9×5 Loaf Pans
- 2 Cups Zucchini grated
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease your loaf pans
- In your mixing bowl, blend your eggs until they are foamy
- Mix in your vegetable oil and sugar to your eggs gradually until well blended
- Continue mixing while adding in your grated zucchini, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until well blended
- Slowly mix in your all-purpose flour
- Fold in your chopped walnuts (or other stir ins)
- Pour mixture evenly into loaf pans
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or when inserted skewer comes out clean
- Note: If using a Bundt pan, bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees
- Carefully remove from oven and cool on wire rack
- Serve and enjoy!
Zucchini Bread Recipe Notes
- You can even bake these as muffins. Use standard size muffin pans and bake at 350 for 40-42 minutes.
- Serve this bread warm with breakfast or as a tasty family dessert.
- Store leftover bread wrapped tight in plastic wrap or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.