This wonderfully soft and delicious custard pie is super easy to make thanks to using Bisquick. Perfect for serving at parties or for a special family dessert.
If you’ve been to my site before, then you may have run into a few Bisquick based recipes. I love incorporating it into everything from breakfast to dessert because it’s a great way to make a simple version of so many types of dishes.
And this coconut custard pie is no exception. It’s super easy to make and packed with flavor with an excellent texture.
It’s one of my favorite custard pie recipes and I’m guessing it’ll be one your favorites too.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe so you can find it the next time you are craving custard pie.
Try this recipe: Blueberry cream pie
How to Make a Custard Pie using Bisquick
When it comes to making pies, I make tons every year. And many are completely from scratch, but when I can get a great flavor while speeding up the process, I’m all for it.
This custard pie recipe only calls for a handful of easy to come by ingredients, and it’s incredibly simple to make.
That means it’s a great pie recipe for those last minute guests and events where you need to bring a dish to pass.
On top of that, you won’t need to prepare a separate crust, the Bisquick does that for us! While it bakes, the Bisquick moves to the bottom and creates a natural crust for your custard pie.
Prep time is just a few minutes and baking time is well under an hour. So you don’t have to compromise on flavor when saving time in the kitchen.
This recipe also has minimum equipment requirements. All you need is a mixing bowl, pie pan, and either a mixer or a blender.
Recipe for coconut lovers: Coconut cream cheese frosting
Bisquick Custard Pie Ingredients
If you like recipes that pack a big flavor without using a ton of complicated ingredients, this is the recipe for you.
In fact, there’s a decent chance you have everything you need to make your custard pie on hand already. And even better, it’s super affordable. This is a very low cost pie!
- Shredded Coconut
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Coconut: While you can go with shredded or flaked coconut, make sure to use unsweetened unless you like a very sweet pie. But if you do go with sweetened coconut and you don’t want an overly sweet pie, remove a tablespoon of sugar.
Vanilla Extract: This brings depth of flavor to our coconut custard pie. While I do not recommend skipping it, replacing it with almond extract provides an interesting and tasty flavor alternative.
Milk: I go with whole fat milk but you can go with 2% if preferred. I don’t recommend going with a lower fat milk though, we need the butterfat for our flavor and texture to be on point.
Save this recipe for later: Banana cream pie using pudding
Easy Step by Step Recipe Instructions
You’re just a few simple steps away from having a great tasting, homemade custard pie.
One note; you can use either a hand mixer or a blender. When going with a hand mixer it tends to take a little bit longer to combine your ingredients but not by much.
I do tend to go with the blender though, it just seems to work well with this recipe. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Step 2: Grease your pie pan with butter or non stick cooking spray
Step 3: Add all your ingredients to your blender and process for about 10 seconds or until well combined
Step 4: Pour mixture into greased pie pan
Step 5: Bake for 45 minutes
Step 6: Carefully remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack
Step 7: Serve and enjoy!
Related Recipe: Blueberry custard pie
Coconut Custard Pie (With Bisquick)
- 1 Blender or Hand Mixer
- 1 Pie Pan
- 1 Mixing Bowl if using a hand mixer
- ½ Cup Bisquick
- ½ Cup Shredded Coconut unsweetened
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease your pie pan with butter or non stick cooking spray
- Add all your ingredients to your blender and process for about 10 seconds or until well combined
- Pour mixture into greased pie pan
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Carefully remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack
- Serve and enjoy!
Liv’s Coconut Custard Pie Recipe Notes
- This recipe tastes wonderful as is, but you can sprinkle some add ons for more flavor combinations. Try some shaved chocolate or crushed nuts to add some more flavor next time you make it.
- If desired, you can top your pie with sweet whipped cream. Tastes great and the texture compliments this recipe perfectly.
- If using a blender, it rarely takes more than ten seconds to blend your mixture. But blender powder does vary so just blend until well combined.
- If using a hand mixer, make sure you have a medium mixing bowl. And mix on medium high speed until well combined.
- Store leftover pie covered and keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.