Excellent flavored and the perfect texture, this French toast is made using any style of pancake mix! Simple to make and perfect for any of your favorite toppings.
When it comes to the weekend, my family loves making a special sit down breakfast we can all enjoy together.
It’s a great opportunity to catch up after the busy week and it has been a huge part of keeping everyone close.
And this pancake mix French toast recipe is one regular rotation. The flavor is absolutely delicious, and the texture is one of the best I’ve ever had in any French toast recipe!
It’s simple to make and I’m guessing it becomes one of your family’s favorites too.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe so you can make it again!
While this recipe tastes great with any of your favorite French toast toppings, you’ll find my simple honey butter pecan topping I make with this recipe down below.
It’s incredibly tasty and doesn’t take long to make at all!
Related Recipe: Waffles using Pancake Mix
How to Make Homemade French Toast using a Pancake Mix
Prep time for your French toast is just a few minutes and cook time is less than ten minutes (unless you’re using a small skillet).
For equipment you will need a mixing bowl, mixer, a deep dish container for dipping your bread, and a a frying pan or electric skillet.
This recipe yields enough for my family of four, but you can halve or even double it without any extra recipe changes.
Related Recipe: Basic French Toast
Pancake Mix French Toast Ingredients
Not only is this recipe super quick to whip together, it also only calls for a handful of common ingredients.
Most will find they have everything they need on hand, making this a great last minute breakfast treat to make for the whole family.
- Pancake Mix
- Vanilla Extract
- 8 Slices of Bread
Pancake Mix: You can use any brand that you want for this recipe. I’ve made it using everything from Krusteaz, Bisquick, Bob’s Red Mill, and store brand and it’s turned out great every time.
Bread: I usually use white or whole wheat bread but you can use whatever you have on hand. There is enough batter for up to eight pieces of bread. If you need more, double your recipe.
Related: Substitute for eggs in French toast
Honey Butter Pecan Topping
While this recipe tastes great with all the classic toppings like maple syrup, cinnamon, and even whipped cream, I think you’re going to love this honey butter topping.
It’s a breeze to make and pairs so perfectly with your French toast.
You also only need a few ingredients, a mixer, and a mixing bowl to whip it together.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Step 1: Add your honey and butter to your mixing bowl
Step 2: On medium speed, mix until well combined
Step 3: Stir in your chopped pecans until evenly distributed
This topping can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four to five days. So you can make it ahead of time or just store your leftovers for topping another sweet family breakfast.
Related: Milk replacements for French toast
Easy French Toast Recipe Instructions
So I like to pour my batter into a square baking dish for dipping my bread. But in reality, you can dip it straight in the mixing bowl you use to make your batter.
You can also use an electric griddle or a frying pan. No matter what cooking surface you use, just keep in mind that you cook each side of your French toast until it is golden brown.
Step 1: Preheat your electric skillet to 375 degrees. If using the stovetop, cook at medium heat
Step 2: In your mixing bowl, add your pancake mix, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract
Step 3: Mix at medium speed until well combined
Step 4: Pour batter into square baking dish
Step 5: Cut bread in half (triangles)
Step 6: Add butter to skillet or frying pan. Make sure melted butter is coating cooking surface
Step 7: Dip each piece of bread into batter and coat both sides completely before placing on cooking surface
Step 8: Cook each side until golden brown
Step 9: Repeat until all bread has been used
Step 10: Add desired toppings and serve hot
French Toast Using Pancake Mix
- 1 Electric Griddle or Frying Pan
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- ¾ Cup Pancake Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 8 Slices Bread
- Preheat your electric skillet to 375 degrees. If using the stovetop, cook at medium heat
- In your mixing bowl, add your pancake mix, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract
- Mix at medium speed until well combined
- Pour batter into square baking dish
- Cut bread in half (triangles) (optional)
- Add butter to skillet or frying pan. Make sure melted butter is coating cooking surface
- Dip each piece of bread into batter and coat both sides completely before placing on cooking surface
- Cook each side until golden brown
- Repeat until all bread has been used
- Note: Add more butter to surface as necessary
- Add desired toppings and serve hot
- There are almost endless topping options for your French toast. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and top with maple syrup. Add whipped cream and your favorite berries. Or go with my honey butter pecan topping you can find above.
- Add butter to your cooking surface as needed to avoid burning
- You can use this French toast batter with any type of bread
- Make sure to top and serve as soon as you are done cooking