Delicious and simple strawberry vegan ice cream! Only three ingredients and you can make creamy amazing non dairy ice cream at home. This recipe is also paleo friendly, keto, and gluten free.
Easy Non Dairy Strawberry Ice Cream
Just because you don’t have an ice cream machine doesn’t mean you can’t have creamy, delicious vegan ice cream. This super easy recipe is fast and so so good!
Vegan No Churn Made Simple
I was lucky enough to grow up with an aunt who owned a bake shop and she made lovely homemade ice creams. But once I grew up and had kids of my own I didn’t have an ice cream maker and had to learn how to make no churn varieties.
I’ve since invested in an ice cream maker but these no churn recipes are so fast and tasty that I make them all the time with my boys.
And for this vegan recipe all you need is coconut milk, frozen strawberries, sweetener and a blender or food processor.
How To Make Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Machine
- Frozen Strawberries
- Coconut Milk
- Keto Maple Syrup (can sub in pure maple syrup)
- Xanthan Gum
I use whole fat, canned coconut milk and chill it before preparing my ice cream. After chilling, pour out the liquid and set aside.
Take the remaining coconut cream and set aside.
Use frozen strawberries as they add more volume to your ice cream than fresh. Pre-cut frozen strawberries is the best variety to use.
You will use a very small amount of maple syrup (half a cup) but if that is too much sugar go with keto maple syrup instead.
The xanthan gum will provide that familiar ice cream texture. While you don’t need it for this recipe to work it adds to the recipe. So as long as you have access go for it. You will only be using a very small amount anyway.
- Place your loaf pan in the freezer and chill for a half an hour.
- Add your coconut liquid to your food processor and process thoroughly.
- Add in your coconut cream and blend for about ten seconds. Add xanthan gum and process until well mixed.
- Add in your maple syrup and frozen strawberries and process until well mixed.
- Take your load pan from freezer and add your ice cream mixture to it.
- Place in freezer to chill. For the first hour, stir ice cream every twenty minutes.
- Finish freezing for five hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
No Churn Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- Loaf Pan
- Food Processor or Blender
- 14 oz. Canned Coconut Milk Full Fat
- 2 Cups Frozen Strawberries Pre-cut
- ½ Cup Keto Maple Syrup Pure Maple Syrup can be subbed in
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- Chill loaf pan in freezer for half an hour.
- Separate liquid from cream from coconut milk can. Chill them both for about ten minutes.
- Add half of your coconut milk cream to food processor and half of your liquid. Process for about thirty seconds.
- Add the rest of your coconut liquid and cream. Process until well blended.
- Add in your frozen strawberries and maple syrup. Process until well blended, adding your xanthan gum half way through blending.
- Pour ice cream in your loaf pan and chill in freezer.
- For the first hour of chilling, stir ice cream every twenty minutes. Continue chilling for at least six more hours.
- Allow ice cream to slightly thaw before serving.
This vegan ice cream is one of the creamiest I’ve ever had and it’s absolutely delicious. It’s also keto, paleo, and gluten free making it a really cool recipe.
Couple tips, don’t use more xanthan gum than the recipe calls for and also remember to thaw your ice cream for about ten minutes before serving. And you will have a truly dreamy ice cream!