Delicious homemade peach cobbler recipe made using frozen peaches! Super flavorful with a delicious crust perfect for serving at get togethers or as a simple family dessert.
My boys love peach cobbler and this is one of their favorite versions. We make this recipe anytime we want peach cobbler when they aren’t in season.
The flavor of the peach filling is sweet without being too sweet and the crust balances out the flavor and texture perfectly.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe because you will want to make it again and again!
And to make things even better, you will be using common ingredients, so you may just have everything you need on hand already.
How to Make Homemade Peach Cobbler using Frozen Peaches
Since oven and stovetop temps vary, your exact prep and cooking time may be different than mine, but this will give you a good time estimate.
Prep should be around eight to ten minutes and baking time is about forty minutes. Overall, that’s pretty quick for homemade peach cobbler.
For equipment, you will need two medium mixing bowls, a hand mixer, and either a 13×9″ pan or a large pie pan.
If you want to speed things up a bit you can use the crust from my peach cobbler using cake mix recipe. And while that crust is super tasty, definitely give this one a try if you haven’t yet. You won’t be disappointed!
Since we will be using common baking ingredients for our peach cobbler, you should have everything you need readily available.
But just in case you are out of anything, let’s go over some alternative ingredient options just in case. Keep in mind that substituting ingredients will alter the final flavor and texture of your recipe.
But these ingredients will help in a pinch.
Salted Butter: If you only have unsalted butter on hand, just add a pinch of salt to your peach filling when adding your cornstarch. You can also go for ghee or cooking oil but the flavor will be changed a bit.
Cornstarch: Cornstarch is used to thicken our cobbler filling, so if you are out, you need an alternative to avoid an overly runny filling. You can use all-purpose flour, cassava flour, tapioca flour, or unflavored gelatin.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice provides our recipe with acidity, and heightens all those wonderful flavors. So while you can skip it if you are all out, it will lower the overall flavor, so it’s better to use an alternative acid. You can use lime juice, orange juice, or even apple cider vinegar.
Peach Cobbler Filling Ingredients
- Frozen Peaches (sliced)
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Juice
Peach Cobbler Topping Ingredients
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Salted Butter
- Baking Powder
Once you have you ingredients gathered it’s time to get baking! Keep in mind that you can adjust this recipe for your personal tastes quite easily.
If you find you want a sweeter filling, add another tablespoon of sugar, or reduce the sugar by the same amount for a less sweet filling.
You can also adjust the thickness of your peach filling by adding more cornstarch for a thicker filling or adding a bit of water for a thinner filling.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Step 2: Grease your pan with butter or non stick cooking spray
Step 3: Add entire contents of frozen peaches to your mixing bowl
Step 4: Add granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice and stir until peaches are evenly coated
Step 5: Pour peach mixture into greased baking pan
Step 6: Stir or sift all-purpose flour and baking powder in mixing bowl
Step 7: In separate bowl, add your softened butter and granulated sugar and mix until light and creamy.
Step 8: Add egg to creamed butter and beat with mixer until well incorporated
Step 9: By hand, fold your flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined
Step 10: Drop spoonfuls of your topping mixture onto peaches. Cover entire top of filling
Step 11: Bake 35-45 minutes. Your peach cobbler is done when your crust is golden brown and cooked all the way through
Step 12: Carefully remove from oven and cool on a wire rack
Step 13: Serve and enjoy!
Peach Cobbler With Frozen Peaches
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 1 13×9 baking pan or Large pie pan
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
Peach Cobbler Filling
- 2½-3 Cups Frozen Peaches sliced
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2½ Tbs Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tbs Salted Butter softened
- 1 Large Egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease your pan with butter or non stick cooking spray
- Add entire contents of frozen peaches to your mixing bowl
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice and stir until peaches are evenly coated
- Pour peach mixture into greased baking pan
- Stir or sift all-purpose flour and baking powder in mixing bowl
- In separate bowl, add your softened butter and 1/3 cup granulated sugar and mix until light and creamy
- Add egg to creamed butter and beat with mixer until well incorporated
- Fold your flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined
- Drop spoonfuls of your topping mixture onto peaches. Cover entire top of filling
- Bake 35-45 minutes. Your peach cobbler is done when your crust is golden brown and cooked all the way through
- Carefully remove from oven and cool on a wire rack
- Serve and enjoy!
- To thicken your filling, add another half tablespoon of cornstarch. To thin it, add a tablespoon of water.
- For a sweeter cobbler, add an additional tablespoon of sugar to your filling.
- Store your peach cobbler covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- I like to serve warm topped with ice cream or whipped cream.