This pie is so delicious nobody will even know you used canned peaches! I love fresh pies but there is a lot of the year where I just cannot get fresh peaches. And waiting for them to be in season just isn’t going to cut it.
I didn’t even realize until getting this recipe from my mother that many of those delicious peach pies from my childhood came from a can! I’m going to give her a pass though because not only is it delicious, it’s super easy to make.
Now to be fair, my mom canned peaches herself but this recipe works so well with store bought peaches too.
Keep in mind that there are a number of different styles of store bought canned peaches out there. Any of them can work but your flavor will change depending on the type you get. I almost always make my pies with light canned peaches.
How To Make Canned Peach Pie
So when baking your pies keep in mind that most store bought pie fillings come ready for a seven or eight inch pie pan. But a nine inch pan holds just about two cans of premade pie filing.
In general an 8″ pie pan will need about 30 oz. of canned peaches. A nine inch deep dish will require a bit over 40 oz. of canned peaches.
These pies can be made with premade or homemade pie crust. Go with whatever you prefer.
This pie takes about an hour and ten minutes to make and it serves around eight people.
Canned Peach Pie Filling Ingredients
- (9″ Pie) 3 Cans Sliced Peaches
- (8″ Pie) 2 Cans Sliced Peaches
- Pie Crust
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your crust if making from scratch.
Open canned peaches and drain liquid into your saucepan and set aside.
Except for peaches and vanilla extract, combine all ingredients in saucepan.
Stir constantly while cooking on medium heat. Stir until thickened.
Gradually stir in your peaches and heat them thoroughly. Now taste test your filling and adjust to desired sweetness.
Add vanilla extract to mixture and then immediately pour in pie crusts.
Crimp edges of homemade pie crust and cut slits in the top of your crusts.
Put foil on the edges of the pie and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Turn temperature down to 350 degrees and bake for an additional forty minutes.
Remove and cool before serving.
Classic Peach Pie (From Canned Peaches)
- 2 Cans Sliced Peaches for 8" Pie
- 3 Cans Sliced Peaches for 9" Pie
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbs Butter
- Pie Crusts
- Prepare crusts if homemade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open cans of peaches and drain liquid into your saucepan. Set aside peaches.
- Except peaches and vanilla extract, add all ingredients to liquid and heat on medium stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add peaches and stir until they are heated through.
- Add vanilla extract and immediately pour filling into pie crust.
- Add crust top. Brush with butter and cut a slit in the top of the pie.
- Add tin foil to the edges of the pie and bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes.
- Lower heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and completely cool before serving.
My family absolutely loves this peach pie and I don’t think they can tell the difference when I use canned peaches versus fresh!
I love how the house smells while baking this pie and clean up is super easy. I do make homemade crust when I have the time but I have no problem using store bought when I am crunched on time.
Definitely one of my favorite simple pie recipes I have ever made and it’s well worth making for your next family dessert.
For more great pie ideas check out these recipes