Smooth and creamy peanut butter pie recipe that’s packed with flavor and easy to make! This no bake pie is perfect for serving on those hot summer days or at holiday get togethers.
My family loves this simple pie recipe, and my boys beg for me to make it all the time!
The peanut butter pairs with the cream cheese and Cool Whip for an absolutely wonderful texture. It’s so smooth and creamy with a rich peanut butter flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness.
And since it’s a no bake recipe, it’s perfect for a summer family dessert. I also make at least a couple of these every holiday season, and it’s always a hit.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe so you can find it the next time you need a delicious peanut butter pie.
Not only is it super easy to make and packed with flavor, you only need common ingredients to make it. And you don’t have to make a homemade crust!
Save this recipe for later: Creamy peanut butter frosting
How to Make a No Bake Peanut Butter Pie using Cool Whip
I’ve tried those store bought peanut butter cream pies and while they’re okay, they can’t compete with the flavor and texture of this recipe!
I’ve been making this pie for years, and it’s one that I get asked for the recipe all the time. So if you’re making this for a party, be prepared for rave reviews!
Prep time is quick and easy, just a few minutes and then it’s on to the freezer to chill. And the only equipment you need is a mixer and a mixing bowl.
Another great party recipe: Peanut butter balls no chocolate
Homemade Creamy Peanut Butter Pie Ingredients
This recipe only calls for a handful of common ingredients. It’s also quite affordable, so it’s one of my go to party pies.
I usually make it the night before I plan to serve it, just to make sure it goods a good chill in the freezer. But, you can make it the same day, just be sure to give yourself at least an hour or two to chill it before you want to serve.
Related: Peanut butter cheesecake
- Cream Cheese (block style)
- Powdered Sugar
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Cool Whip
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Chopped Peanuts (optional)
Cream Cheese: This provides our pie with a wonderful, creamy texture. It’s important to use block style cream cheese, as the whipped variety will not produce the right texture. I like using whole fat cream cheese, but you can use reduced fat if preferred.
Peanut Butter: I’ve only made this recipe with creamy peanut butter, and I recommend you do the same. If you enjoy a crunchy pie, you can add chopped peanuts to the top of your pie just before popping it in the freezer.
Milk: This is a binding agent for our other ingredients. I’ve found whole fat or 2% milk provides the perfect amount of moisture without watering our pie down. I wouldn’t go with a lower fat milk than 2%.
Cool Whip: This gives our peanut butter pie a light and airy texture. I’ve used both name brand and store brand whipped topping. They both provide a great texture, so go with your preferred variety.
Graham Cracker Crust: Since this is a no bake recipe, a premade graham cracker crust is exactly what we are looking for. It provides a wonderful flavor for our creamy peanut butter pie filling. Any brand will do, and I’ve always used a 9″ graham cracker crust for mine.
Pin this recipe for later: Cherry cheese pie with Cool Whip
Simple Recipe Instructions
You’re going to love how quick and easy this recipe is to make. It usually takes me about five minutes to have it whipped together and in the freezer chilling.
Because it’s so easy, I make a bunch of these around the holidays. I’ll often make a few at a time and just store them in the freezer until it’s time for the next get together!
Try this topping: Chocolate ganache
Step 1: Add your cream cheese to your mixing bowl and blend until soft and fluffy.
Step 2: Gradually blend in your powdered sugar and peanut butter.
Step 3: Slowly mix in your milk until well combined.
Step 4: Fold your Cool Whip in by hand.
Step 5: Pour peanut butter filling into graham cracker crust
Note: If using additional toppings, sprinkle them on top of your pie now.
Step 6: Cover and chill in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours.
Step 7: Serve and enjoy!
Related: No bake peanut butter chocolate squares
Easy Peanut Butter Pie (With Cool Whip)
- 1 Mixer
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 4 oz Cream Cheese block style
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Milk
- 9 oz Cool Whip
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- ¼ Cup Chopped Peanuts optional
- Add your cream cheese to your mixing bowl and blend until soft and fluffy.
- Gradually blend in your powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- Slowly mix in your milk until well combined.
- Fold your Cool Whip in by hand.
- Pour peanut butter filling into graham cracker crust.
- Note: If using additional toppings, sprinkle them on top of your pie now.
- Cover and chill in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Liv’s No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe Notes
- Chopped peanuts aren’t the only topping option that tastes great on this pie. You can also use shaved chocolate, shredded coconut, or even toffee chips. I’ll even use more cool whip and top it with that on occasion. Get creative and try some different flavor combinations the next time you make this pie.
- Chilling overnight is a great way to make sure your pie is set in time for serving. But if making your pie the same day you plan to serve it, chill in the freezer for at least one or two hours.
- This pie can be stored in the freezer for up to two months. So it’s a great recipe to make ahead of time. So make a couple extra and keep them in freezer for later.
- Leftover pie can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to four days.