This delicious no bake strawberry crunch cheesecake recipe will remind you of those amazing strawberry shortcake ice cream bars.
They are so easy to make and it just melts in your mouth. I make this crunchy coated strawberry cake for my family year round but it is a particular hit during the summer.
My mother made a standard cake version of these but a few years back I wanted to turn her recipe into a cheesecake and the results are simply amazing.
How To Make Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake
I love the vanilla crunch topping but you can even substitute in a chocolate crunch or any other of your favorite flavors to pair with strawberry.
The combos are nearly limitless but don’t worry if experimentation isn’t your thing. This recipe is simply wonderful just the way it is. The cheesecake layers are decadent and the crunchy topping just balances the dessert perfectly.
This simple recipe is perfect for family desserts at home or as a crowd pleasing dessert for parties.
Strawberry Cheesecake Crunch Ingredients
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Sugar Cookies
- Strawberry Gelatin
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Confectioners Sugar
- Strawberry Wafers
Put all your sugar cookies into your food processor or blender and crunch them up good and fine. Then put your butter in and blend until mixed thoroughly.
Grease your springform pan and put your mixture on the bottom and sides. Press it in place.
Put your springform pan into your freezer and chill for a half an hour.
Start your cheesecake filling by combining your sugar and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Blend it until creamy. Set Aside.
Next you will start your jello filling by boiling one cup of water and adding in your jello powder. Once done set aside.
In a separate bowl combine your whipped cream, pure vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and heavy whipping cream. Use your hand mixer to blend until it makes peaks.
You will use the whipped cream mixture for both the jello and the cheesecake layers.
Add half of the whipped cream to your cooled gelatin and stir it together and set aside.
Put the remaining whipped cream into your cheesecake mixture and fold until well distributed.
Now that all your strawberry crunch cheesecake components are ready it’s time to put them all together.
Take your springform pan and put a layer of cheesecake filling on the bottom. Next add a layer of strawberry filling on the cheesecake. Make sure your layers are level.
Put on another layer of cheesecake filling. This should be all your cheesecake filling!
Finish off with one last layer of strawberry filling and your layers are all set.
Now take your crunchy topping and layer your cheesecake.
Now you just have to chill your cake in the fridge for at least six hours before serving.
Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake (No Bake)
- Food Processor
- 9" Springform pan
- Mixing Bowls
- 18 oz. Sugar Cookies
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese
- 16 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3.3 oz. Strawberry Gelatin
- 1 Cup Water
- ¼ tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 5 oz. Strawberry Wafers with cream
- Place sugar cookies in food processor or blender and process until fine.
- Melt butter and add to food processor. Process until blended.
- Grease your springform pan. Add mixture to sides and bottom of pan. Place in freezer for about a half an hour.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar and mix until blended. Set aside.
- Boil one cup water and stir in gelatin. Set aside to cool.
- Combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until peaks form.
- Add half of your whipped cream mixture to the strawberry gelatin and hand blend.
- Add the rest of your whipped cream to the cream cheese and fold until evenly distributed.
- Take your springform pan and add half of your cream cheese mixture to the bottom.
- Next make a layer of your gelatin mixture.
- Add last of cream cheese for the next layer. Then put the last layer of your gelatin on.
- Add strawberry wafers to food processor with chopped sugar cookies and blend until finely chopped.
- Spread crunch topping over cheesecake.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least six hours before serving.
My kids love this cheesecake and they usually aren’t a big fan of cheesecake. I think it’s the crunchy topping that seals the deal for them. I’ve also served this dessert to great success at a bunch of parties and the smiles on every ones faces is reward enough.
For more great dessert ideas check out these articles