Step up your classic crepe recipe with buttermilk!
This creamy recipe is a big winner with my family.
It is super easy to make and it’s the perfect breakfast.
Add in your favorite toppings and fillings and you can let your creativity shine. I like to put a few poached eggs on the side and some homemade cinnamon toast for a real special buttermilk crepe breakfast.
Super Buttermilk Crepes Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sifted Cake Flour
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Place all of your ingredients into your blender. Blend for twenty to thirty seconds. Scrape the sides of your blender with a spatula and blend for a few more seconds. Your crepe batter should be well combined.
- Spray frying pan and bring to medium low heat. Once pan is brought to temperature put a half tablespoon in pan. Tilt pan and batter should move freely. Remove from pan.
- Add two to three tablespoons of batter to your heated pan. It should thinly coat the bottom of your pan. Heat until firm enough to flip. Flip your crepe. Cook until you see brown flecks and then remove from pan. Repeat until all your batter is used.
You can make your batter ahead of time. Simply refrigerate after making it and it will last up to three days.
Cooked buttermilk crepes freeze great! Make a large batch and put them in freezer bags. Simply take them out to thaw the night before you want to eat them. Do a quick heat in the pan and they taste fresh!
For more crepe ideas check out these articles