Simple gluten free waffle recipe using almond flour! These tasty waffles have a wonderful texture and are perfect for your favorite waffle toppings.
When it comes to gluten free waffle recipes, most have a lackluster texture, but not this recipe!
These waffles have an absolutely wonderful crisp outside with a soft inside. And the flavor is rich and delicious.
I don’t have to make gluten free waffles often, but when I do, this is my go to recipe.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe so you can find it the next time you need it!
How to Make Gluten Free Waffles using Almond Flour
This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious! Prep time is less than five minutes and cook time is right around ten minutes.
The only equipment you need is a waffle maker and a medium mixing bowl. The exact number of waffles made depends on your particular waffle maker size.
But this recipe yields enough waffles for my family of four.
Related Recipe: Dairy free waffles
For this recipe we will be using common ingredients. It’s important to use the called for ingredients to get the right texture and flavor.
While you can opt for substitutes, keep in mind that your final flavor and texture will be altered.
Related Recipe: Waffles from self rising flour
Almond Flour Waffle Ingredients
- Almond Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Greek Yogurt (plain, whole fat)
- Vanilla Extract
- These waffles are perfect for any type of toppings. Try with butter and maple syrup or berries and whipped cream. You can use any of your favorite toppings and this recipe is a great base for flavor combination experiments.
- You can thicken your batter by adding another tablespoon of almond flour until desired thickness is achieved. More flour will be needed if low fat yogurt is used.
- Waffle Batter can be stored for up to one day before using. Seal in an airtight container and store in your refrigerator.
- While it’s best to serve your waffles immediately after making, leftovers can be stored in an airtight bag or container in the fridge for a few days.
- Waffle maker temps and cook times vary. Make sure to follow the recommended temperature and time from your machine’s instructions.
Related: Egg alternatives in waffles
Once all your ingredients are gathered, it’s time to make your waffles!
Note: Keep all cold ingredients in the refrigerator until ready to be used.
Step 1: Preheat waffle maker to temperature recommended in your machine’s instructions.
Step 2: Grease cooking surface with cooking oil or non stick cooking spray.
Step 3: In your mixing bowl, add almond flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Stir until well combined.
Step 4: Add Greek yogurt, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract to your mixture. Stir until well combined.
Note: Do not over stir. A few lumps are fine.
Step 5: Cook waffles in preheated waffle iron as long as your machine recommends.
Step 6: Add your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
Related: Uses for leftover waffles
Waffles With Almond Flour
- 1 Waffle Maker
- 1 Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1⅔ Cups Almond Flour
- 2⅓ Tbs Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 8 Tbs Greek Yogurt whole fat, unflavored
- 4 Large Eggs
- 4 Tbs Butter softened
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat waffle maker to temperature recommended in your machine's instructions.
- Grease cooking surface with cooking oil or non stick cooking spray.
- In your mixing bowl, add almond flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Add Greek yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract to your mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Note: Do not over stir. A few lumps are fine.
- Cook waffles in preheated waffle iron as long as your machine recommends.
- Add your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
- Gather toppings before cooking your waffles so you can top them and serve them before they cool off.
- You can try other flavoring in place of vanilla extract. Almond extract is a great replacement in these waffles.
- Make sure to use whole fat Greek yogurt to avoid a thin and runny batter. If your batter does turn out too thin, add an additional tablespoon of almond flour until it thickens up.