Super simple waffle recipe using pancake mix! Great tasting two ingredient waffles perfect for your favorite toppings.
When you want to make waffles and all you have on hand is pancake mix, this is the recipe to make!
With only two ingredients, you can make tasty waffles with a crispy outside and soft inside. This recipe tastes amazing with any type of topping too.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe because you will want to make it again and again!
This recipe works no matter what type of pancake mix you have. I’ve made this recipe with store brand, Bisquick, Krusteaz, Mrs Butterworth, and Hungry Jack.
Related Recipe: Waffles made with self rising flour
How to Make Waffles using Pancake Mix
This recipe yields enough waffles for my family of four. The exact number of waffles depends on the size of your waffle maker.
Prep time is just a couple minutes, and cook time is under ten minutes. So you will have warm and delicious waffles in no time!
And equipment needed is just a waffle maker and a medium mixing bowl.
Related Recipe: Almond flour waffles
If you are making waffles for one or two people, just cut this recipe in half. For a large batch, you can double this recipe without making any other changes.
I love the flavor of using butter for my pancake mix waffles, but you can also use oil. You can use vegetable oil, coconut oil, or your favorite cooking oil.
If you decide to go with oil, use four tablespoons for this recipe.
- Pancake Mix
And that’s it! Just two common ingredients and you’re on your way to warm, delicious waffles.
When making waffles, always make sure you give your waffle maker enough time to come to temperature. Nothing will ruin your first waffle quicker than an underheated waffle iron.
You will also need to check your particular waffle maker’s instructions for the recommended temperature and cooking time.
Other than that, the following simple steps are all it take to make waffles out of pancake mix.
Step 1: Preheat your waffle maker.
Step 2: Grease your cooking surface with non stick cooking spray or cooking oil.
Step 3: In your mixing bowl add your pancake mix and melted butter.
Note: If your pancake mix box calls for any additional liquids, add those as well.
Step 4: Stir until well combined.
Note: Do not over stir. A few lumps are perfectly fine.
Step 5: Add waffle batter to preheated waffle maker and cook according to your machine’s instructions.
Step 6: Remove cooked waffle and repeat until all batter is gone.
Step 7: Add your favorite waffle toppings and serve immediately.
Related Recipe: Pumpkin waffles with Bisquick
Simple Waffles With Pancake Mix
- 1 Waffle Maker
- 1 Medium Mixing Bowl
- 2 Cups Pancake Mix
- ⅓ Cup Butter melted
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Grease your cooking surface with non stick cooking spray or cooking oil.
- In your mixing bowl add your pancake mix and melted butter.
- If your pancake mix box calls for any additional liquids, add those as well.
- Stir until well combined.
- Note: Do not over stir. A few lumps are perfectly fine.
- Add waffle batter to preheated waffle maker and cook according to your machine's instructions.
- Remove cooked waffle and repeat until all batter is gone.
- Add your favorite waffle toppings and serve immediately.
- If your batter is too thick, you can thin it by stirring in one tablespoon of water at a time until desired thickness is achieved.
- To thicken your batter, stir in one tablespoon of pancake mix at a time until desired thickness is achieved.
- 1/3 cup of melted butter equals 5 1/3 tablespoons.
- Store unused waffle batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Leftover, cooked waffles can be stored in an airtight bag or container in your fridge for up to three days.