Traditional Sugar Cookies Without Baking Soda
Soft delicious center and crisp buttery edges. Perfect for cutting into fun shapes and decorating.
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter Room Temperature
- ⅓ tsp. Salt
In a mixing bowl add pure vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined.
Gradually add flour and salt and mix until well combined.
Cover bowl in plastic wrap and chill in your refrigerator for one hour.
While dough is chilling preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Remove dough and roll out to desired thickness.
Cut out shapes using cookie cutters. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake 9-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Decorate or serve and enjoy!
- These cookies are perfect for decorating with icing, frosting or your favorite sugar cookie topping.
- They also taste great without any toppings.
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days.